Saturday, February 23, 2008

Marikina Hotel

As my work provides me some opportunity to be swished away to some place I have never been before, I found myself yesterday in a hotel so very far away from the hustle and bustle of the city -- Marikina Hotel.

Marikina Hotel, which is managed by El Cielito Inn, is a budget hotel. That's according to their website and the person we've met in the hotel, who was part of the team who organized the event there.

Anyway, I did not check in, I did not see their rooms, but I experienced two important "features" for me -- their service and their comfort rooms (or toilet or restroom or whatever you want to call them).

Service: Excellent. It is not a five-star hotel, so one should not expect a "five-star kind of service." That statement does not mean, however, that service is bad. In fact, the staff of Marikina Hotel are so accommodating and warm that it felt so good! Indeed, value for money.

I asked to leave my two heavy bags in their front desk -- granted. No valuables, of course.

I asked for their restaurant and coffee shop, and since I said I was there for that something event (which I was not really a part of -- we just took advantage of the gathering of the people we were supposed to meet), they guided me to that room reserved for the event. The way to that function room even if it's just located at the second floor, however, was confusing. I think they should at least put some sign or direction pointing to it.

Upon learning that it was "exclusively for [organization]", I said I was not a participant but only an "alalay" to their guest. The staff insisted that it was okay. I just asked for a coffee and bread instead of the full meal (fried rice and masarap na ulam).

By the way, their coffee was great. I was invited to have my lunch there. Food was also good. I enjoyed that chicken and that beef (I don't know what they were called).

Restrooms: Just fine. I did not find it comfortable to use their comfort rooms. Yes, both the restrooms I used were clean. It was just not comfortable.

However, it was interesting to note that the toilet had sensor. Look at this --->>>

Definitely, it was their warm service that made me want to write about that little place called Marikina Hotel. Even on my way out, one staff accompanied me outside the hotel to get a tricycle. So nice.

Moreover, the place was so quiet and serene. It felt like I was in a province. They even had a bike lane. Nice.

Marikina Hotel http://www.marikinahotel.com/
Tel. No.: +632 998 8342 to 45

How to Get There

You'll know that you're in Marikina once you see the Marikina Sports Center Complex at your right, along Sumulong Road. Another landmark after or beside the sports center is McDonald's.

A little further at your right, you'll see the Blue Wave Mall. Just continue driving through Sumulong Road. Then, you'll see Toyota at your left.

Further still, there's Kia Motors at your right, and a stoplight (which isn't really so visible -- at least for me).

Turn left to that small street, where there's a creek. That's Katipunan Bridge or Street.

Upon reaching the dead end, turn left. Turn right at the first street.

When you'll finally feel that you're lost, you'll see Marikina Hotel at your left.

0 comments: