Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend Trip Splurge – Enchanted Kingdom and Splash Island

This was one weekend of a quite excessive trip.

Originally, the plan was to simply go to Splash Island with Mon’s friends from the office. He thought we were going on Saturday, then stay overnight in their place in Laguna before going back home early Sunday morning.

However, he did not know that the plan was to go to Splash Island on Sunday. We were set to meet at lunch time on Saturday, so there was lots of free time to do nothing else. Sayang naman ang oras. So finally we decided to go to Enchanted Kingdom.

As I was prepared for a trip straight to the pool, my attire was not really appropriate for the theme park. Imagine enjoying those rides in skirt! Fortunately, I was already wearing my “swimming shorts” so I was able to move more comfortable. Good thing I wasn’t too excited to wear swimwear right away. Haha!

March is International Women’s Month and Enchanted Kingdom joins the world in that awesome celebration. Hurray for ladies as we get 20% (P100) discount for their ride-all-you-can ticket. Another fortunate thing was that years back, I had a bet with Mon where the stake was an EK ticket and I won. That was about Pacman’s fight.

Enjoying EK rides in a skirt was one new thing for me. Just lots of confidence needed, plus some getting used to rugged outings. What’s new in EK? Space Shuttle was closed for the day, saving me to make excuses not to go to that ride. Uhm, nothing so new from my last trip back in 2006. I still got wet in Rio Grande.

Fast forward to the next day – Splash Island.

Splash Island gave me another reason to buy a waterproof digicam. I got only a picture of Doogie (their mascot) and Mon. Not so exciting pictures :)

At P325 per head, it was almost worth it. I’m not a pool person so the said amount for me was overpriced by about P50 to P75. Factor in the “new experience” thrill, I have to somehow accept that it was “worthy”. The slides were fun. Some can be scary at first sight, but no, they weren’t really scary.

At the end of the day, even if I was tired (and got a “hangover” the whole week), it was definitely another adventure worth my time and money. I met new nice people, to top it all.

Oh, did I mention that my total expense for the weekend was just more than P1,000? That’s the awesome thing about Women’s Month and winning a bet.


From left: Carlo, Marvin, Mon, Kate, Di, Egoy

0 comments: