Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Kanin Club (UP Technohub)


Do you want to feel high? Go to Kanin Club and eat Aligue Rice!


Caution: Get your medicines ready.

I was there last Dec. 11 and 17 for a dinner with college friends and graduate school classmates, respectively. Enjoyed the food, the place was nice and cozy for a big group, but not really budget friendly for a student without a job. If the Dec. 11 wasn't JD's treat, I would have spent some P260.00. The second dinner robbed me P200 (on a service water diet), but gave me a different kind of high.

I shared the aligue rice (supposedly good for 2 to 3 people) with Mon and Kevin, and we all got high. Thanks to Pinay who helped us finish the sinful heap of rice. Vodka 7 was nothing compared to feasting on rice sauteed in high cholesterol aligue plus other sumptuos meals. Aack! Aligue rice was most delicious on first serving.

Some classmates tried their Sinangag sa Sinigang Rice, and being sinigang, it was maasim. I like to pour tons ofsabaw ng sinigang over my rice, but that rice was weird.

As for the meals, I loved their Calderetang Nuevo (really tasty tender beef) and Crispy Tadyang. Their tinolang manok, nilaga and pinakbet were not so special, at least for me.

By the way, Karen said the P20 green mango shake was better than Kanin Club's super expensive (some P120) version.



0 comments: